Thursday, May 17, 2012

Update

10/15/09 Another sob story-plus-fundraiser:

"Husband just walked out--Mom of 1 needs money to help with food, bills, etc"


"Looking at the photo of myself and my daughter last year at Christmas breaks my heart now. We were so happy then..now "daddy's" gone without a word and I have no idea what to do. He was the main breadwinner, and now I struggle to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table. It's so hard to have to scrimp and save and worry about whether or not I'll be able to afford winter boots for my child, whether we should walk somewhere or "waste" money on public transit..all I want is something to help me stay afloat until I can get a better job and make more money to support us. It's going to be heartbreaking to try to explain to my daughter why Santa may not visit this year."

*This link was originally posted in the comments section on Pussdaddy's blog


On the same day, she was happily playing on the Etsy Promotions forum:

"Need booze and drugs sale ... OK, well, not QUITE...but I don't need my care fixed or anything like that. The title DID make you look tho, right?:)" 
 

The next day she was defending a fundraiser for CWebster, while perhaps bringing up a topic for a possible future fundraiser of her own:

“Chris didn't ask for any of this to be done for him, so he can't be at fault for people offering to help him out”

“This isn't like the Adia thing---where things came out on the forums that pointed to it possibly being a scam...there really is no proof that he doesn't need the money, or proof that he wasn't trying to help himself as well”

“She [Karina’s child] was born with atrial septal defect (which in plain English is a hole in her heart).  … Hopefully there will be no more surgeries but the costs associated with that, as well as frequent appointments with cardiologists and procedures (ultrasounds, EKGs, etc.) can be staggering. That said, I can greatly understand the need someone may have for financial help when they are struggling to make ends meet.” October 16, 2009 12:26 PM

Eleven days later, there was no problem with her husband's financial contributions:

"I quit my dayjob in 2006...if it weren't for wholesale accounts and weekly craftshows I wouldn't have been able to make my soap-business self-sustainable. That, and the fact that my husband still works outside of the home is a nice addition too"

5 comments:

PussDaddy said...

Maybe she's a split personality. Or possessed by demons.

As far as the last link with the quit your day job link (where psycho is using my avatar) you'd think most people would have enough sense not to quit their day job if they can't make it without it. But hell no, they say quit so some of these dumbasses do just that and try to live off of sawdust and soap lard. I often wonder if someone said don't bother walking to the toilet and just sit there and crap your pants instead if they'd do that too. They'd just walk around farting sawdust with their pants all full of lard shit blaming the person who suggested doing it.

PD

disgusted said...

i wonder if she finds it funny that she got away with ripping hundreds of people off. if she does this with her real name what could she be doing with fake personas too? if she killed off inlaws and used her kid for cash, how much lower can she go? this is much worse than the indian child scam. lying on an almost daily basis for years and years....

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

sick.


ty for posting all this so I can be aware and on the lookout for her scam showing up somewhere else.

Unknown said...

I don't think karina is laughing too much now that she knows WE know it's a felony to take money under false pretenses. Feds don't take kindly to that behavior - it's called fraud and since it spans innumerable states (and possibly internationally) she did a very bad thing. The dollar amount is less important (to anyone but the people who donated to help) than the action.
No, I'd bet she's sh*tting bricks, and they don't smell like soap...

Anonymous said...

^^ This. There's making shit up about yourself to make yourself look better than you are, and there's making shit up about yourself to fool people into giving you money. Big diff.